Previous days we have discussed about how we can receive SMS online with a disposable virtual phone number in US. We mentioned Google Voice, SMSified,VOXOX, Lleida,Heywire and Pinger. All these mentioned enable us to receive SMS online and even send unlimited free international SMS. And today we are going to give a detailed review of Pinger. Pinger offers a free US DID from your area. With this dedicated number,you are able to receive Text message online with incoming SMS to it.
Updated on 27 March 2012
Read Messages from Any Phone with a Fun Application
Getting Started With Pinger
- Sign Up with Pinger. Click create account in the bottom of the page. Just enter your username, password and Email address.
- Enter your ZIP code in the next page. For those who are not from USA, click here to find a random one zipcode in US.
- Choose your phone number which can receive incoming SMS. Such as my incoming phone number is 1(281)721-9112.
- After all the above steps done you will get your number to receive SMS online.
How to Send and Receive SMS with Pinger?
- Click “+” and add the number you want to send SMS to. Please add number in this way: country code +phone number. For example, you want to send a free Text message to a Chinese phone numbr, just input number this way: 8615187654321. And the receiving party will see your Pinger number. Reply to this number will show in your inbox.
- I sent a SMS to my pinger number, and see this message show in my pinger inbox immediately.
There are also other features besides sending free international SMS online and receiving SMS online. You can set up an email notification. When your incoming SMS comes, an email will notify you that. Never lose an incoming SMS again. Also, you can add a signature to your txt messages.
You can also download TXTfree in iTunes APP Store and Android Market. With app installed in your smartphone, you can even receive incoming call with Pinger number. Great!